Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Celtic rocks!

Oh yeah so Boston Celtic won their rival LA Lakers in 2007/08 NBA finals. I'm neither Celtic nor Lakers fan, but I hate Lakers more (because they eliminated my Tim Duncan and Spurs sob), so I support Celtic haha.

By the way, I don't have chance to watch the final match because of exam. I can imagine how touching it is. Just a simple story telling here;

Celtic and Lakers is a classic rival. They met each other in finals many times before. Celtic is the most-time-winner of NBA Champion, Lakers is second. And you probably heard about Larry Bird vs Magic Johnson during 80's and how O' Neal dominating during his time at Lakers (sorry I don't like Kobe).

The story behind Big 3 of Celtic. Kevin Garnett is currently no doubt a great superstar level of Power Forward in NBA. Oh I must tell you in my mind Tim Duncan is the greatest. KG was drafted in 1995 but after so many years he is still without a champion ring, while TD already have some on his fingers. Ray Allen? Same situation as KG but he is not a Power Forward but a sharpshooter. And the last one he is the soul of Celtic, Paul Pierce. His nickname is 'The Truth', yeah he really rocks. He was stabbed 11 times before and still survive, but without a champion ring also.

For Lakers, OMFG how come they kicked out my Spurs sob. Luckily Kobe still can't win Big 3. Proved that he can't win without O' Neal. Lamar Odom and Pau Gasol? Nah! See how both of them fooled by Kevin Garnett...

I think the ceremony is very touching. Imagine the moment France won their first World Cup, with the song 'We're the champion', and millions of audience hailing, that's the biggest honor for a man.

No comments: